Monday, May 10, 2010

I think the drill operators are for Jumbo drilling purposes and not for the exploration drilling afterall

I thought about jumbo drilling possibilities after I posted my last post. As such, I decided to take another look at the job description. The actual job description on the post is very limited, and it`s in French. I couldn`t copy and paste it so I retyped the french words in order to get a Bablefish translation. Here is the translated Bablefish description.

``To operate a drilling machine have arrow (JUMBO) and to achieve work of development necessary so D `ensuring the good performance of the operations of the mining one.``

I don`t think we are hiring to keep the exploration work in-house afterall. I think the 6 people are being hired to operate our Jumbo drills (based on the limited job posting, translated, explanation). The Jumbo drills are required just prior mining the ore areas (and also during the mining process). It`s a completely different type of drilling relative to (large drill rig) exploration drilling

As a result, our exploration drill program will likely still be outsourced to a drilling contractor. I believe the company has been reviewing tenders from contract operators over the past few months. If we are sticking with a contract drill operator we should expect to see the new drill program launched soon (is my guess) - perhaps May or early June.

1 comment:

rick said...

yep muck out, drill, blast