Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blog Membership

Non-members that post comments will notice that there is a delay from the time they post until it appears on the blog.  That is a function of comment moderation.  Comments are emailed to me, but I can't respond instantly.  I apologize for that.  You'll notice that there are no more "Anonymous" posts as they do not get published. 

I've just sent out invitations to Uall, nt300, traderjoey and bigrattler to join up so that when you comment the comment is posted instantly.  That is one of the benefits of blog membership, but a blog member can start their own thread.

To others that post frequently like PayDay, please send me an email at centurycarib@gmail.com so that I can send you an invitation.  I don't see your name on the table of dissenting voters. 

Re the discussion of poll numbers vs dissenting shareholders, I believe the latter will always be a lower number for a number of reasons.  If you log into the blog from more than one computer you can vote from each of them and if you clear cookies you can vote multiple times, so polls are only an indicator and not all that scientific.

On the other hand, to record your shares for the NO vote you have to provide an email address; this will discourage some people that might think it is an invasion of privacy.  So I think the actual NO vote is understated.  The request for email is there in case there is an effort to validate the entries, and will therefore discourage false entries.

14 comments:

Rickydee said...

I would just like to say that we really should have a united press release to combat all this ass kissing media releases and articles that feed into finskiy's scam. Tell me how much i would have to contribute and I will gladly donate some money to release something to make the market and media aware of whats going on, because honestly us bitching and moaning on this blog and stockhouse is not gonna accomplish anything, we need action and we need it now.

PayDay said...

oh, hey cool this works!

Uall said...

"oh, hey cool this works!"

ditto!

PayDay said...

rickydee - i don't think we can release anything until the info circular comes out...

HOWEVER, reading the agreement on Sedar it specifically states that there are ** no material changes to White Tigers N43-101**, so if anyone is expecting there to be some pot of gold, they'll probably be disappointed.

Wolf Advocate said...

What would be great would be to have Peggy Kent, former CEO, author or approve the news release. I can see the one-liner now, ‘Former CEO says NYET to White Tiger Gold Century Mining merger’.

Ron S. said...

Conditionally agree Rickdee.

My first concern with crafting a news release is that we cannot be the cause of a further increase in selling. There were 4.2 million gone to a new home last week.

This release would have to be crafted by someone with prior experience.

And, is the effort creating division.
We do have different opinions within our "ranks" on how radical we should be. Ideally we would have a way to determine if there is a consensus.

So we need some structure in place and willing leadership from a small team. Someone posted days ago
about what organizing would require.

Am I correct or am I complicating what could be simple?

Ron S. said...

Wolf, there is merit to that idea I think.
(several posted while I was writing and I didn't refresh first to see them)

dave peters said...

Payday writes: "HOWEVER, reading the agreement on Sedar it specifically states that there are ** no material changes to White Tigers N43-101**, so if anyone is expecting there to be some pot of gold, they'll probably be disappointed."

It says NO SUCH THING. On page 32-33 of the 83 page agreement it says there has been NO MATERIAL REDUCTION in the estimated reserves (except as a result of operations).

That leaves the door wide open for a restatement that INCREASES stated reserves.

Wingfong said...

I think Payday is right. We can't do any NR until we read the information circular. I like the title/begining line suggested by Wolf. Sure it will galvanise lots of eyeballs with max impact. Yes it must be drafted by an experienced hand. There will be no second try so no error is permitted.

PayDay said...

Dave Peters *do tell*.

Are you privy to some material change in the WTG N43-101 or are you holding onto some blind hope that it will improve??

dave peters said...

Payday:

*do tell* what?

I am privy to no special information.

I was merely correcting your earlier incorrect statement. And I directed you to the relevant page in the agreement where the N43-101 was mentioned.

You made a statement that was factually incorrect. I do not think that your spreading incorrect facts helps.

Why would you do that / what is YOUR agenda?

PayDay said...

Dave - you want to haggle over semantics?

I said no material CHANGE and you said no material REDUCTION. Big deal.

Fact is if WTG was out to produce anything better than 20k opy it would be mentioned and hyped by both companies. N43-101 just continues to outline what marginal mines these are.

dave peters said...

"I said no material CHANGE and you said no material REDUCTION. Big deal."

No big deal except that the meanings are completely different!!!

I have no intention of arguing the point. I would just encourage you to check your facts before you post, in order to avoid posting inaccurate information in the future.

ATInsider said...

WTG metal value on the GoldMinerPulse website:

LINK:
http://www.goldminerpulse.com/c/wtg.php