Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let's Make It "Fair For All"

I am new to this board in terms of posting a message (first time today) however I have viewed the dialogue here as well as on Agoracom, as it all has related to Century mining for a very long time. The mining industry has been my professional background for more years than I care to remember.
Over the last 48 hours I have received several calls and email messages from friends and industry peers, urging me to establish a presence on this site as well as the Century Mining Agoracom blog.
The timing and need to discuss action is unfortunately due to the fact that generally speaking, the minority shareholders appear to be in a position where our voice will not be heard without some formal organization efforts.
Simply put, at this moment I have been contacted directly or indirectly by holders of some 40-45 million shares. Although this in itself will not win the day, it represents a solid foundation on which to grow support.
As I am not the strongest in my computer/techie skills, as a result, and before venturing too far forward, I am soliciting suggestions as to how a dialogue can be established among shareholders in a manner that preserves personal identities(at least at the moment) while at the same time provides the people doing the work with the confidence that the numbers of shares that people claim to represent are indeed factual. We are poorly informed if we believe that at some point in time, some form of proof of share ownership won't be required, however that time is not now. We do however require a system of communication internally that gives the people doing the work some confidence that their efforts are protected and not in vain.
I have posted this note on Agoracom and I will monitor the responses to my request for communication suggestions.
Thank you for taking the time to read this posting.
"Fair For All"

9 comments:

bigjohn37 said...

Welcome to the stock-igloo, Fair-for-All. Your post and offer are awsome & timely. I sugggest that you contact our most experienced poster: Production05, directly, as well as Carib (the Blog administrator). In addition you want to have a dialogue with Chilby (see his post below yours).
So, welcome, and let's send the thieves and liars packing!
PS: I like your nickname!

Anonymous said...

One has to wonder if the "strategy" by WTG friendlies to keep the WTG share price up, might in fact be Finsky's undoing?

Suppose that I file for dissenting rights - or in other words request that WTG pay me the fair value of my CMM shares in cash.

As long as the WTG share price remains high, the calculated "fair value" then of my CMM shares remains high. Thus if on the last day of trading for CMM, if WTG closes at $4 - doesn't WTG then owe me $1.60 for each share?

If this is the correct thinking then the more shares that sign up for dissent rights puts a greater cash squeeze on WTG and Finsky.

So Finksy is caught in a catch 22 of his own making: if his cronies keep spending $20,000 a day to prop up the WTG share price, then he's guaranteeing me a higher cash return for my shares. If however, they allow the WTG share price to find true equilibrium, then more shareholders will abandon the deal.

Does this make sense?

Wingfong said...

Hi Fair-For-All
I agree with what bigjhon37 had suggested. Cheers!

Ron S. said...

So glad to see the size of your representation show up here Fair For All. I am not young, but am a "youngster" here in these type of dealings. So I and others will probably follow along so to speak being unskilled in the process. I can offer my loyalty to a NO vote as one who has held through one cent shares, and etc. We do own a good resource.

At the root of all this I am amazed, and I don't care if it sounds naive. To have wealth and power as the russian does and find it his necessity to claw more from the small holder (all holders) of CMM stock unfairly, is truly sad to me.

May what is fair and right prevail.

chillby said...

As one 19th Century author put it, "I never met a man so rich that he didn't think he needed more." The amazing thing to me is that F is in such a hurry. What is it, they need more of someone else's money to finish the Kazakhstan deal at Polyus? Humbug, I say.

ATInsider said...

To Anonymous:
You make a valid point but not sure how to answer you, perhaps Production05, Carib, Chilby and/or Wingfong may have a better understanding and answer for you. I too am curious with your question.

ernie said...

How are people suppose to vote for or against this offer if we don't actually know what the WTG share price will be at the time of the close. Right now WTG shares are $3.65 and when it comes time to vote the shares could be at $1.00. Mr. F must know the deal would never go through at such a low offer. WTG has to come up with a definitive offer such as $4.00 - $4.50 per WTG share in order to have this merger happen. As well, one Century share for .5 or 1 WTG share would be nice.

Payday said...

Good point Ernie!

I believe this merge would turn positive overnight if CMM/WTG management were to put in a share guarantee clause to the effect:

"Upon merging the two companies, stockholders of Century Mining will receive 0.4 shares WTG, AT A PRICE NO LOWER THAN THE EQUIVALENT OF $4.50 per WHITE TIGER SHARE.

Should the market price of White Tiger be lower than $4.50 per share, the stockholders of CMM will RECEIVE THE DIFFERENCE IN CASH".

There.

Done Deal.

Papa Joe said...

Wouldn't it be possible to give our group of nay-saying shareholders a name so that we can more easily be identified in the media? In these situations it is very important to get some publicity for our case and having the right name makes it sounds as if we really are a group of shareholders that are well-organised, which may lead others to join.